Photobucket

Profile

Photobucket
Name: Liyuan aka Chris
Age: younger than you think=)
School: NUS, Electrical Engineering
CCA: Cheerleading NUS Alpha Verve
Birthday: 17 May 1988

Links

leon
Malathi
Fiza
GangRui
Govin

Loves

My dogs - Teddy & Kiki
Photobucket
Backtuck
Photobucket

Tagboard

Monday, April 16, 2012


When this semester first started, I was very keen to know more about this module and how the previous batches of students managed their blogs (as this is the first time I have ever blog). I have read many interesting blog posts by previous students. I could still remember some mentioning that the next thing they know, it is the end of the module and they have really learnt a lot of things despite the module workload being heavy. I think it is very true now that I have reached the end of the semester for this module. I suppose ‘time flies when you enjoy it’. It is the one phrase that I keep telling and reminding myself every semester in NUS, so as to stay positive and upbeat about life especially when the going gets tough.

From the start, the one thing that I wanted to learn, experience and take away from this module is interpersonal communication skills. With the ending of this module, I conclude that the course outcome has exceeded my expectations. In the process of doing the peer teaching and project proposal, it requires a lot of communication with my team mates and to manage our expectations along the way. I really enjoy class discussion where I can speak freely during the allocated time slot.

Finally, I would like to thank my dedicated tutor: Ms Lim Lay Hoon for being so punctual and helpful throughout the whole course, and being open to extending deadlines for us who have many other deadlines for our core modules! Next, a big thank you to all my beloved classmates for putting in effort in coming every Monday and Thursday 8am to learn and share their ideas with me in class. Next, I’ll mention my peer teaching buddy Govin who is very accommodating when we can only meet during the weekends (Sunday), as well as guiding me through the preparation of presentation itself. Next it’s my proposal group mates from team T-Ace, who have put in tremendous amount of work diligently. I am very thankful to everyone for being patient with me especially when I started losing my cool at times.




liyuan Liyuan at 3:57 PM


Blogger Candice said on April 18, 2012 at 8:49 AM  

Haha Liyuan, I remember you had a period of downs especially when you had to submit your 4000 module paper and had to cope with all the ES work. You're really a very positive person in face of adversity so keep that up yeah!

This module has definitely exceeded my expectations too (borrowing your words), as I took GEK1006 just the semester before and that was way more 'chillax' haha. I think what I could really take away from your post (as well as the module) is the need to reach early as educators. It gives us ample time to prepare and get into the mood!

Glad to have met you friend! Stay loving with Chew Long! (:


Blogger G-Man said on April 19, 2012 at 3:58 PM  

Hey dude,

WOAH SPECIAL MENTION! Haha thanks man. I had a lot of fun working with you too. The work was done very efficiently and we were both able to meet up in spite of our schedules. Anyway, I could definitely see your improvement as the course progressed and it was always fun having a live wir in the class. Au revoir and have a ball in the US!

Cheers,
G


Blogger liyuan said on April 19, 2012 at 8:53 PM  

Hi Candice!

Waoh, that 4000 module term paper?!? Now that I look back, it seemed so distant! I could still remember I was struggling during the term break just to get it done on time. Well, what doesn't kill me has just made me stronger!!!!!!!!

This Es2007s is really a module to remember (just like GEK1006, PL1101E, and HR2002)!

Thank you for being patient with me many a times during the semester, it was really a great experience working with you. Team T-Ace is really a dynamic group with all of us coming from different faculty and department!
Till the next time we meet, take care my friend!

Cheers
Chris


Blogger liyuan said on April 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM  

Hey Govin buddy!

I will definitely be enjoying my days in USA!=) You too! I know its not going to be easy stepping out of NUS and stepping into the working world. Keep your spirit high and I'm sure it will take you very far!

Cheers!!!!


Blogger Fiza Hafizah said on April 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM  

Hi Chris!

You're doing really good in your interpersonal communication skill. Actually i was surprised when you told us in our last session that you are not really talkative person. Because, all I know was you're such very fun person. I really have good laugh during class, and i am sure enough other class member think the same way.

Thank you for your cooperativeness during resume and application letter review. Your comments on mine were really helpful.

All the best!

Cheers,
fiza

Post a Comment

Layout by Yiling